|Accommodation||Homestay/ Residence/ Hostel/ Self-catering|
|Town / City||Oxford||Region||Central England|
|Cost||£350.00 per Week|
|Course length||1 - 16 Weeks|
|Ages||8 - 99|
Summer programmes in the University
Once again our programmes for older students (16+) will mainly be held in the
Summer Junior Programmes at
We are fortunate that next summer we have the use of Christ Church Cathedral Preparatory School for our junior summer course students…….this is a wonderful venue….right opposite Christ Church College (and connected with it), over 400 years old, but excellent modern facilities (state of the art computers, well equipped gymnasium, library, interactive whiteboards etc). Children must be under 17 to use the facilities.(Older ones will use the university). There is a full leisure and excursions programme in addition to the opportunity to study English and a choice of over twenty other subjects.
There four types of summer programme, and you do not need to choose the same
programme each week.
All the programmes consist of a weekly schedule of:
• A minimum of twenty to thirty lessons of tuition with specialist teachers,
depending on the chosen course
• Projects and cultural visits every weekday afternoon (optional but recommended)
• A full day weekend excursion (optional but recommended)
• The opportunity to have lunch in a College of the
• Current affairs discussion groups...highly recommended for first language
English students or those with intermediate plus level. Good fun and good for
• Seminars on British Education….schools, universities,
optional but recommended for those students who may wish to continue their studies in the
• Study Skills ….optional but recommended for those students who would benefit from support
in planning their revision, organizing time, and writing essays.
2. Academic preparation for school and university studentsThis programme is intended to combine a period of academic enhancement with the opportunity to experience the culture and history of one or both of
For those students with a high level of English there is an optional current affairs debating/discussion group . Some of the students in the group will go on to apply to leading British universities such as
Over twenty subjects are offered, at a variety of levels. We can help students prepare for these examinations:
3. Cultural and Business Programmes
4. Tailor-made Programmes for groups or individualsWe are often asked to design a programme for the specific requirements of a school or university group, a company, or an individual. These have included programmes for Teachers, Lawyers, Health Care Professionals and Company staff. Both Oxford and London offer an enormous range of expertise. Please write to us with your suggestions.
Accommodation is normally with
Cultural Programme and Excursions
We arrange a regular programme of cultural activities in the afternoons and evenings, and there is a full day weekend excursion each week.
We include in the cultural programme in
We are also providing an optional Companions Programme. This enables international school and university students to meet with students of similar age from British schools and Universities. This is an excellent introduction to living and studying in
Weekend excursions include